Monday, September 14, 2009

With Love (in place of leaves.)


It started with a less than three dimensional smile and a shoulder shrug of intrigue.
Same as the clatter of wood against a small tom drum gradually builds
to a tune,
where I'm at now grew from only the slightest chance into a rumble of energy and love. One inspiring another, I call it a tree of love because I
can't imagine any of it without every piece of what it is.

I met a boy, but I've met five as well.
Their commitment to each other wasn't a secret for long, and as soon as I realized what I'd found I only fell deeper. Each with their own role, personally & musically, the branches of their talents just keep growing more and more near to my heart.

They are (each and together) teaching me so much about it all...
Passion, talent, love, life;
how to laugh while everyone is taking it all too seriously.
At a Hollywood hotel pool where everyone is just too cool...
they jumped in, and played chicken.

Off on tour again, I miss each of them,
those branches, and the whole tree; all of them together, recreating these lessons through a 45 minute expression of everything they've got.
Each night, in each city, connecting us all.

I miss him. Of course I miss him. Our nest. My love. My heart.
But he'll be back soon enough.
Every moment until then, I just feel.
I feel the wind, I feel the sun, I feel inspired. I feel excited.
I imagine that I'm spinning. Like a 6 year old in a party dress.

I wouldn't trade it for a second of anything else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I teared up when I was reading this. I love you so much :)