Monday, February 22, 2010

date with destiny



It's only natural for boyfriends and girlfriends to influence each others likes and dislikes over a period of time. Bands, songs, movies, adventures, all of those favorite things hold potential for being shared between a two. For me and mine, our musical tastes parallel. (Adversely, he only endures my passion for terrible reality television.) But slowly but surely, his love for film has found a place on my palate. If you know Kelcey, you know about his love for Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I will admit I found it peculiar and I was (admittedly) a bit jealous of the relationship. But after many endeavors from Brick to 500 Day of Summer, I've found myself enjoying JGL even without Kelcey around. I think we may be meant to be. (Shh! Don't tell Kelc!) The moment I knew during the Singing in the Rain inspired monologue when Joseph hosted SNL. Make 'em laugh made me smile. And now I've found this video on his personal blog, and I am obsessed. JGL is superb (per the usual) in this short film, but also I am completely addicted to the play with language here. The English major nerd that I am wants to type out every word. And of course.. the colors, the lack of saturation, the little flowers and animation, and that cute little mustache... What a beauty!

No comments: