Monday, April 6, 2009

it's the thought that counts.

mm.. so where to begin?

i had an amazing weekend. the best. and i couldn't have planned it if i tried. i'm beginning to realize that as much as it is in my nature to plan, things seem to turn out just fine without the plan. i've always feared the non-plan because i felt things were out of my control, and by out of my control, i guess what i really mean is that my feelings weren't going to be considered, and i wasn't going to be happy with the end result. but there's something entirely different about a non-plan when it's spent with someone who cares completely how you feel. truly.

when my weekend getaway took a nose dive towards what could have seemingly been a rocky, painful crash landing, there was someone with a kind heart there to hold my hand and help me find a way to see something new. it sounds silly, that i was so stressed about such a insignificant thing; it was a weekend getaway. but at the same time, i put my heart into planning, and my past has turned that moment of to care or not to care, into a significant one. he does care and i am pleased. i'm impressed. i'm happy. he's great. i could have very easily been upset, and i could have been mad, but for the first time i can really say that it's the thought that counts, and i know that his intentions were there. in the bigger picture, our destination didn't matter. a quick road trip or a far away flight, the time together was all that mattered. and is cherished. and appreciated. again, i just feel so lucky, and that's all i am choosing to feel. those thoughts count. those thoughts make me smile.

No comments: